- someone working for a company that produces books, advertisements, or films, whose job involves writing, drawing, or having new ideas, and who does not have to wear a suit or neat clothes when they are at work — compare suit[m0] ▪ II. creative cre‧a‧tive 1 [kriˈeɪtɪv] adjective1. producing or using new and interesting ideas:
• The movie company has come under criticism for focusing too heavily on marketing and not enough on creative issues.
• He regularly gives lectures and classes on creative thinking.2. MARKETING relating to the work of producing advertisements etc at an advertising agency, rather than management of the agency:
• She is leaving the agency to take a senior creative position elsewhere.— creativity noun [uncountable]— creativeness noun [uncountable]
* * *Ⅰ.creative UK US /kriˈeɪtɪv/ adjective► producing or using original and unusual ideas: creative artist/designer/person »
We attract creative people who want to get involved in building companies up.creative ability/potential/talent »
Every member of the organization has creative potential.»
We felt that it was a creative solution to a difficult problem.creatively adverb► »
Working in a cutting-edge environment makes us think more creatively.creativity noun [U]► »
The organization celebrates and rewards creativity in its staff.Ⅱ.creative UK US /kriˈeɪtɪv/ noun [C]► INFORMAL a person whose job is to suggest new ideas or design, draw, or write things: »
The company has a team of 10 creatives working on the project.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Creative — Technology Limited Unternehmensform Limited Gründung 1. Juli 1981 Unternehmenssitz Singapur … Deutsch Wikipedia
Creative — is an adjective for things demonstrating creativity. Creative can also refer to: Creative materials, imagery, or collateral, in advertising Creative agency Creative class, a socioeconomic class Creative Commons, a non profit organization devoted… … Wikipedia
Creative FM — Broadcast area UK Huddersfield (Restricted Service Licence) Worldwide ( … Wikipedia
creative — [krē āt′iv] adj. [ML creativus] 1. creating or able to create 2. having or showing imagination and artistic or intellectual inventiveness [creative writing] 3. stimulating the imagination and inventive powers [creative toys] 4. imaginatively or… … English World dictionary
Creative — Cre*a tive ( t?v), a. Having the power to create; exerting the act of creation. Creative talent. W. Irving. [1913 Webster] The creative force exists in the germ. Whewell. [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
creative — 1670s, having the quality of creating, from CREATE (Cf. create) + IVE (Cf. ive). Of literature, imaginative, from 1816, first attested in Wordsworth. Creative writing is attested from 1907. Related: Creatively … Etymology dictionary
creative — index causal, causative, fertile, primordial, productive, prolific, resourceful Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton … Law dictionary
creative — [adj] artistic, imaginative clever, cool*, demiurgic, deviceful, fertile, formative, gifted, hip*, ingenious, innovational, innovative, innovatory, inspired, inventive, leading edge*, original, originative, productive, prolific, stimulating,… … New thesaurus
creative — ► ADJECTIVE ▪ involving the use of the imagination or original ideas in order to create something. DERIVATIVES creatively adverb creativeness noun creativity noun … English terms dictionary
creative — [[t]krie͟ɪtɪv[/t]] ♦♦♦ 1) ADJ GRADED: usu ADJ n A creative person has the ability to invent and develop original ideas, especially in the arts. Like so many creative people he was never satisfied. ...her obvious creative talents. Derived words:… … English dictionary